Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Roasted potatoes and veggies


We love to use yukon gold potatoes for everything. They are so much creamier than your average russet and they are just plain good.

Here's a simple recipe for roasting potatoes. You can add this to just about any meal and it's so much healthier than buying a bag of frozen nastiness.

Roasted Potato Fries:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
I sliced about 4 potatoes into little steak fries.
I threw them in a gallon ziploc bag and added a little olive oil and tossed.
Then I set a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet (this lets heat circulate both sides ) and threw all the potatoes on top and added salt. I sometimes like to add some fresh chopped rosemary to the bag and it gives these such great flavor.
Then let them roast for about 15 minutes or so - you'll see them get brown and a little crispy.

Eat and Enjoy.


Roasted Veggies:

We also love to roast our veggies around here. This particular day I only had broccoli, carrots and onion on hand, so I chopped them all up. Tossed a little olive oil on top, added salt, and did the same thing with them as I did with the potatoes. I let them roast for around 15 minutes. I still like mine a bit crisp.

These are both great side dishes to add to so many different meals: chicken, meatloaf, burgers, the list goes on and on.

1 comment: