Friday, October 1, 2010

Chicken Crescent Squares


I know I said I was going to post this recipe yesterday, and then we started our women's conference here in town and all computer time went out the window. So, I am back today to share one of my favorites.

I made these little yummy treats for the first time back when we lived in Washington D.C. (shout out to all my NCC girls here!) and I had a "Girl's Night Out" at my house one evening. It was one of the most fun girls nights I have had in a long time and I remember these all so fondly because it was in the pre-children days and I remember we would stay up until like 2:00 a.m. and talk and yak and eat.

Lovely memories. Just lovely. :-)

So, I pulled the recipe out again yesterday to serve to my sweet friend Kelley for a lunch play date here at the house with our kiddos.

I think they were a huge hit and they are very, very simple, which is my favorite kind of recipe. So, have a girlfriend over and whip these babies up so you can look all fancy and domestic and I bet they will love it!

I served these Chicken Crescent Squares up with some yummy hummus, carrots and good ol' Stacy's Parmesan and garlic pita chips.


Here's the recipe:

INGREDIENTS
1package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
1tablespoon LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
2cups cubed cooked chicken
1tablespoon chopped fresh chives or onion
1/4teaspoon salt
1/8teaspoon pepper
2tablespoons milk
1tablespoon chopped pimientos, if desired
1can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
1tablespoon LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
3/4cup seasoned croutons, crushed

DIRECTIONS:

1. Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix cream cheese and 1 tablespoon softened butter; beat until smooth. Add chicken, chives, salt, pepper, milk and pimientos; mix well.
2. Separate or cut dough into 4 rectangles. If using crescent dough, firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto center of each rectangle. Pull 4 corners of dough to center of chicken mixture; twist firmly. Pinch edges to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush tops of sandwiches with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle with crushed croutons.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.

And, of course, we polished our lunch down with some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies that I pulled out of the freezer an hour before they got here. They were perfect and soft and full of calories.

Don't forget to leave a comment on my GIVEAWAY Post to win some cookies of your own from Carol's Cookies (just click comments underneath my post and go from there). Leave a comment and become a "follower" on my blog for a chance to win. Just look on the right side of my page and click on "follower".

Hope you all enjoy your weekend. I am going to be posting some home projects over at me-moddy here in the next week. I'm painting my front door red. Should be fun!!

7 comments:

  1. These look so yummy! I am glad that you have started this new recipe blog...I soo could use help in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, they were SO yummy! Thanks for cooking me real food! Your the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will try this! It will be fun to see all your recipes in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness! I'll definitely be making these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, now I was considering making these for a family from church, but the folding of the crescent roll seems confusing! I thought these were easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelley - You just pretend you are tying up tissue paper around a box - pinch opposite corners together and press the seams. Then do the other side. Twist the top after you have done all the sides. It really is easier than it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kara- I'm so excited you're doing this! And this was such a great one to start with... it brought back wonderful memories of when you made this for us one night! It was such a great evening. I'm looking forward to trying it soon!
    -Christy

    ReplyDelete