Monday, October 11, 2010

Pepper Steak over Rice


It was so fun doing the GIVEAWAY last week. I can't wait to hear what Lynn thinks of her cookie tin she received from Carol's Cookies. I hope they are a yummy treat for her (and her family if she should share!).

Sorry the recipes have been slow this past week, I mentioned the hubs is doing The Daniel's Fast with our church and therefore he eats very little, which means the cooking has been minimal. I did, however, whip up something last week while he was gone one night because I love it and he does not.

My mother-in-law gave me this recipe back when I was a newlywed and I love it because it is so easy and so flavorful! Plus - It's a crockpot dish and you know how I love my crockpot!!




Here's the recipe:

1 1/2 lbs. Cube Steak
2 Tbsp. Oil (I use Canola)
1/4 C Soy sauce (I use low-sodium)
1 tsp. Sugar
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
2 Large Green Bell Pepper (or whatever kind you like)

Pour oil in the bottom of the crock pot and add your cube steak. Just throw it in. Then add all the rest of your ingredients. Let cook on low all day (my big crock pot can cook it in about 4 hours though - it's fast).

**Add 1/2 Cup cold water and 1 Tbsp. cornstarch to thicken. I only do this half of the time. It's a little runnier if you don't, but I actually don't mind because the rice soaks it up. Chop up the meat mixture with a spoon and serve it over some brown rice.

Easy-Peezy. My kinda meal.

Parents Review: I LOVE it. David hates it and always has. He has issues with it not being thick enough. Whatev-ah
Kids Review: Little Girl tolerates it and Baby Boy loves it.

Give it a try and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! Will definitely give it a try soon!

    But what happened to the sweet recipe promised?! I've been waiting for chocolate chip scones! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth - I am a loser. That's what happened. Ha! I had planned on making the scones of the smores muffins and then life kind of happened and my brain stopped. I am making them this week though. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm just teasing ;) I totally understand life happening! I think I'm going to make the smores muffins this week too. As soon as I can get to the store and buy sour cream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made this recipe yesterday and it was great! Me and Scott loved it. I really liked how it had a bit of Asian flavor to it with the soy sauce and ginger-I wasnt expecting that. Very yummy. I didn't thicken the sauce this time and would chop the peppers smaller next time I make it. Thanks Kara!

    ReplyDelete