
I love a meal that requires minimal work, as in, you only have to throw like 3 things in your crock pot and let it cook all day and BAM, you're done.
The smell alone from this dish as it bubbles on your counter top will make you want to cook it every week.
I like to serve this roast shredded up on a kaiser roll with a slice of cheese -cheddar or provolone. Tonight I was running late and literally just ate that as my meal and for the kids they had that plus some applesauce. No veggie. I am a bad chef.
Oh and if you don't know what these peppers are. They are those little peppers in your salad at Olive Garden.

Here's the type of jar you are looking for at the store - over by the pickles.

Here's the difficult recipe.
Pepperoncini Roast.
2 1/2 - 3 lb. Bottom Round Roast
1 jar pepporoncini's - juice and all
1 can beef broth
Throw all these things in your crockpot. Put the lid on. Turn it on low. Let it cook alllllll day long, 7-8 hours. Take the roast out and shred it. It will be falling apart. Serve it up on a kaiser roll, with cheese if you desire and serve it with veggies or a salad or whatever. David and I like to serve it up with some of the juice from the peppers on the side and dip our sandwich in it. It definitely gives it a kick and a little extra spice, but we love it.


Parents Review: Easy, tastes awesome, yummy
Kids Review: Little Girl always grumbles, but she eats it. Baby Boy seems to really like it.
Yum! So do you drain the pepperoncinis before adding them to the roast or add the entire jar plus juice? I couldn't tell if you cook the beef in the pepperoncini juices or if you just reserve the juice for dipping after cooking.
ReplyDeleteBeth -I just edited the post to clarify. Yes- you put the whole jar in with the juice. That is what gives it all the flavor while cooking. I just dip a little of the liquid out of the crockpot into a dish after it's cooking to enjoy with my sandwich. Thanks for the question!
ReplyDelete