
Here comes Comfort Food!!
I love this recipe for so many reasons, but mainly because it's so easy and it tastes so good and the whole family gobbles it up. You would think that chicken parmesan in a crockpot would be a big mushy mess, but it's really, really good. It falls a part and has a different consistency than your typical dish you would find at a restaurant and it's definitely a little lower in calories too.
This is one of the fav's from A Year of Slow Cooking Blog. Here's the recipe..
Now, here's a tip. I have made this recipe on low for about 5 or 6 hours before and it was really good, but tonight I put it on high for only 3 hours and it was even better. David asked me to do it this way all the time because he liked the texture and flavors better. Plus - my crock can tend to overcook things, so this seemed just right.
I served it with whole wheat penne pasta and some green beans. It was a winner.


Parents Review: Great meal to come home too in the evening.
Kids Review: My kids like me to just chop up the chicken on their plate, put the plain pasta on the side and then the veggie and they loved it.
No comments:
Post a Comment