Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Menu planning for the week

I always plan my weekly menus out now and it makes life so much easier. I don't always get everything made in that week because leftovers stretch longer, or we go out to eat one night, or the in-laws have us over or things like that. But I love having the meals listed on my menu board, because I won't go to the store again until I've made everything on my list so that I make sure to use up everything that's already been purchased.

I thought I would share with you today my list of yummies for this next week and a half or so. I am planning a couple of extra meals because certain meats were on sale this week, so I am buying them now.

Here's what my tastebuds have to look forward to:

Marinated chicken on spinach salad with roasted veggies

Sesame Beef Stir Fry

Lasagna with Carli's home-made pasta sauce

Sausage Stuffed Waffles & fruit and yogurt parfaits

Chicken Stir Fry

Pork Sirloin Roast with potatoes and veggies in the crock

Chocolate peanut Butter Banana Bread - not a meal, but a treat nonetheless!
:-)

So, be watching for recipes this coming week. I promise not to abandon you completely if you promise to let me know you are reading once in awhile.

See how I snuck that in there? I'm nothing if I'm not subtle.

Thanks for reading! Have a great Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. Ok I swear I commented earlier and it was a nice comment so the question remains.... Why did you delete my comment!?!?!?! ha! or maybe I just didn't hit post comment like I thought I did. In either case.... previously attempted comment said and I quote (as well as I can remember...

    "I am not a very good commenter but I do read your blog everyday!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber - Ha! I would NEVER delete your comment, so who knows what happened to your very kind comment, but thank you for leaving it again. So glad you read and enjoy it. Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the recipes. Sounds super yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stop by regularly! :)

    I am definitely going to make the chocolate chip cupcakes for a baby shower next week! And your cheesy apple bacon stratta is on our menu to try this week!

    Love your blog, Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jamie and Beth! Beth - you'll have to let me know how your treats turn out. I was craving that stratta the other day and am going to be adding it back into the rotation again soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We made the stratta last night, and it was a huge hit! I decreased the milk by 1/2C but still had to cook it closer to 60min to get it to set. The hubby raved about it all night, and the kids totally scarfed it down too, so it will definitely be a repeat in our household! I roasted asparagus spears as a side, and those complimented nicely.

    ReplyDelete