
Wow. I saw this recipe on one of my favorite recipe blogs and since my hubby LOVES all things spicy, I thought this would be a winner in our house.
It did not fail.
Here's the recipe from How Sweet it Is, with very detailed instructions and way prettier pictures than I can offer if you want to give this one a try. I think you'll love it!
I used lowfat milk in mine, so I'm sure it wasn't as thick as hers, but we still loved it. I didn't have gorgonzola either, so I threw some feta on top at the end and it gave it a fun kick. I also was running a little short on my Frank's hot sauce, so I barely made the 1/3 cup called for in the recipe. I would have loved it with even a little more than it called for. I loved the zing in this souped-up Mac-n-cheese dish. I baked the chicken in the oven for about 25 minutes (threw a little olive oil, s&p and garlic powder on it too). I then just shredded it up with my hands and threw it in the bottom of the dish.
I used fresh cilantro and green onions from my garden to throw on top and we LOVED what this added to the dish.

David even added a little extra Sirache sauce on top of his for more heat.

Parents Review: David said this is his new favorite dish. I am making it again very soon with more hot sauce next time. Perfect!
Kids Review: They don't do spicy, so I just gave them some plain pasta and baked chicken before I dolled it all up, then added a veggie on the side for them. They were happy. :-)

Let me know if you try it!
Okay friend, I am your biggest fan and love to make your recipes. But, this one was not a fave! I am wondering if it was the brand of buffalo sauce...but oy! It had a lot of steps too so was maybe a bit too much work to become a regular.
ReplyDeleteI was so excited about this one but don't think I will make it again. Now, for those blackberry dishes...mmm!
Nina! You didn't love this one??? Total Bummer. What sauce did you use? I used Frank's Buffalo Wing hot sauce. We were obsessed with it and I am making it again soon. Sorry this one was a loss. Just make yourself a batch of barbecue meatballs and you will feel better. :-) Love you! Thanks for letting me know how yours turned out.
ReplyDelete