Tuesday, May 3, 2011

No Bake Graham Cracker Cookies



My mom has made these little dreamboats every year for our family reunion for as long as I can remember. I can't picture any other time she makes them, but they are a treat to look forward to. I love the creamy frosting on top, the pecan-pie-like filling in the middle and the soft and yummy graham crackers mixed in. They are chilled and served sliced into little bars.

A-ma-zing.

Here's her recipe.

In a 9X13 pan, put whole graham crax to cover bottom of pan.

Filling:

Melt 1 Cup butter, add 1 Cup Sugar, 1/4 Cup milk and 1 beaten egg. Bring to full rolling oil. Remove from heat. Add 1 Cup chopped nuts (I used pecans), 1 Cup Coconut and 1 Cup crushed graham crax.

Spread this over the crax in the pan and cover with whole graham crax.

Cover with icing made of 1/4 Cup butter and 2 Cups sifted powdered sugar and just enough milk to mix. Beat well and ice the bars.

Put in fridge for 24 hours. Then cut into small squares.


Try not to eat them all at once. You will get sick. Trust me, I know from experience.

Parents Review: We love these.
Kids Review: Won't touch with a ten foot pole - just like pecan pie. :-)

1 comment:

  1. So I read your other blog a long time ago and I am just now checking out your recipes and this sounds amazing. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete