Friday, March 18, 2011

Quick Whole Wheat Yeast Rolls



Yes. These yummy rolls actually look like muffins. I know. I had no idea how these would turn out. I don't do a lot of yeast bread baking because sometimes they seem too finicky for my liking. These were SO GREAT.

My mom and dad came into town tonight and I had some chicken parmesan in the crock pot and I wanted to make some whole wheat rolls to go with it. I ate 2, even though my stomach told me one was plenty. They were so yummy!

Here's the recipe.



The only things I changed was I made 1 1/2 recipe so I would have 12 rolls/muffins, I used 3/4 whole wheat flour and only 1/4 of regular white flour, and I basted a little butter over the rolls before I popped them in the oven.

Parents Review: You really should try them. They weren't hard and the yeasty-bready- smell in the house made my taste buds water. They did not disappoint. David and I both thought they were a hit.

Kids Review: Loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment