Thursday, January 27, 2011

Butternut Squash Soup


Don't you love a girl who says that she'll post a recipe, and then totally forgets because her child is knee deep in potty training and running a high fever? Good. Cause that's what happened. I meant to post this soup recipe on Tuesday, but then our world started spinning with craziness and I just plain forgot. It isn't the first time you've heard me say those words and I'm sure it won't be the last. :-)

On to the soup.

I have had this recipe for years and I acquired it from my coveted and most favorite magazine - Real Simple.

I have yet to make something from this source that wasn't awesome in every way. Plus.......it's Real Simple. :-)

I told my friend Julie about this soup and how great it was and she said, "Hmmm.. It doesn't sound very good to me." But - I assure you that it is deceiving in it's name and the flavor is fab-u-loso!!



The parmesan is the real winner in this soup too and gives it lots of flavor. I splurged and purchased parmesan reggianno when I was at Trader Joe's a few weeks back. The fresh sage is also amazing and I was out of it this time around and substituted dried rosemary leaves instead. I like the sage much better, but in a pinch, I would totally do this rosemary thing again. Still very, very good.

Here's the recipe

I didn't make the croutons, but I SO want to. I will do them next time around. I actually just crunched up some parmesan and garlic pita chips in mine and it was pretty good as a substitute.

Parents Review: HUGE HIT!!!
Kids Review: They ate leftovers that night and didn't have any, but it is a hit or miss dish with them since there is green stuff floating around (sage or rosemary). :-)

Please try it! I think you'll love it as much as I do!!!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment