It's been a long past several days. The husband was traveling, which always means cereal for dinner, and now he is doing the "Daniel Fast" with our church which means no meat, no dairy, no sugar - no food. :-) So..........the cooking department has been a little wacky here lately and a little non-existent, which is unusual.
I wanted to let you know about a fun GIVEAWAY I am doing here at The Recipe Box. Since this blog is dedicated to food and food alone, I thought it would only be appropriate to give FOOD away.
Several years back when I watched the Food Network nearly every day, I saw a business they featured that made my mouth water. I have almost sent them to friends or family on 100 different occasions, but then for some reason did something else (there's a strong chance I was feeling cheap) :-). I have been dying to order these treats for myself, but felt too guilty. Here's my chance to send them out and maybe that recipient is YOU!!
I am giving away one gift tin of Carol's Cookies to one of my awesome readers.
Here's how you can enter to win: 1. Leave me a comment on this post for one entry, 2. become a "follower" to have your name put in for the second time. If you are already a follower, I will still add your second entry if you leave me a comment. It's very easy to do both, so don't be shy!! My goal is to see at least 50 followers on here, so help me out - would you??
I have never tasted these cookies personally, so you will have to be my taste tester. I have been thinking about these cookies for years and wanting to sink my teeth into them. They were voted one of the best cookies in the nation by People's magazine and they have all sorts of other wonderful awards that tell us "These here cookies are super tasty." :-)
So sign up friends and I will be drawing the winner next Monday night, October 4th, at 9:00 p.m. Who wouldn't love getting some sugary goodness in the mail? Me! Me!!
Check back here tomorrow and I will post pics and a recipe of my Chicken Crescent Squares , which I served for lunch today when my friend Kelley and her little man Cole came for a visit. (Here you go Shauna!!)
Enjoy.
I think I've heard of those cookies. Would love to try them. Love your new recipe blog, Kara!
ReplyDeleteLora
I'm trying your new cookies as we speak...and not just so I can get a chance at your giveaway...no really.... :) good for you girl for starting your new blog!
ReplyDeleteI haven't eaten a cookie in over a month, Kara! Doesn't that mean I deserve some cookies? :)
ReplyDeleteI heard people were having trouble leaving a comment. I'm doing a test here.
ReplyDeleteEnter me please!!!! Yum! I'm pregnant, so I have a higher chocolate/sugar need than most....I should win! ;o)
ReplyDeleteI follow!
ReplyDeleteDon't you feel sorry for your sick friend? If that doesn't work, I was your very 1st follower. That should count as like 5 entry forms :)
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of these cookies but they sound yummy!!!! Hope I win!!!! I have been checking out all your yummy healthy recipes!!! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteTrying again....I would love to taste these yummy cookies! Thanks for posting the chicken pocket recipe. It's one I remember very fondly, but didn't actually have the recipe.
ReplyDeleteYummy. I love chocolate and peanut butter
ReplyDeletePick me, pick me!!! I LOVE cookies :-)
ReplyDeleteI just came across your post on facebook about your new blog. How exciting to have another blog to read.
ReplyDeletePeanut Butter cookies are my favorite! :)
ReplyDeleteKara, I love this blog site.......looking forward to more yummy recipes to come.
ReplyDeleteYou are so fun! Glad I'm already a follower for all the great recipes you have to share!!!
ReplyDeleteFree cookies? I'm in. There isn't some rule against family members is there? :0)
ReplyDeleteCount me in!!!!!!!!!! I love me some cookies.
ReplyDeleteWe love cookies around here! Maybe too much... :)
ReplyDelete