

Hello, and welcome to my horrible iPhone pictures that do absolutely NO JUSTICE to this wonderful soup. I haven't made potato soup in so long because, well, the carbs!! But - I've absolutely never made it in a crockpot and it was so easy that I may never go back to my stove - for this soup, that is.
I stumbled upon this soup on Pinterest (and, by the way - don't you love how you never feel like you have any original "findings" any more because you say you saw something on Pinterest and everyone you talk to tells you they saw it too and was getting ready to try it? Just me? I have pride issues.) So, I did see this on "P" (new code name) and I really wanted to give it a try to take to my life group friend that just had the most beautiful baby girl named Emily just a week ago. I had also seen this cute little site that gave you ideas of foods to take to new moms and I nabbed that idea as well and packaged her up the following grub and delivered it this afternoon.

I made her this lovely Crockpot Potato Soup.
A tub full of fresh blueberries, strawberries and grapes
Some fresh baguette rolls
and the BEST banana, caramel and pecan muffins I've ever had - well, if I do say so myself. I ate one to make sure I was only giving my friend the very best of course. :-) Recipe to follow this week!
I could've eaten my weight in this soup, but limited myself to 2 small bowls. It was windy and cold out today, so the day just seemed perfect for this soup. The crockpot part of this dish was so easy and a huge WIN in my book.
Parent's Review: We loved it. Loved the tangy-ness of the cream cheese in there and I simply added packaged crumbled bacon to the top out of laziness, and I actually liked it.
Kid's Review: My kids don't do potatoes unless they are a fry or a hash brown or a potato wedge. Something is wrong with them. They missed out.
Here's the recipe again if you missed it up top.
No comments:
Post a Comment