Monday, February 27, 2012

Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps




These wraps. Wow. So amazing. I found these from the Skinny Taste blog - the one I am currently obsessed with because it gives me my Weight Watcher points and the recipes look so delicious AND nutritious. Can you beat that?? I think not!

Here's the recipe for this lovely main course dish.

I actually got some strange, but huge thrill out of sticking those chicken thighs in my food processor and turning it into ground chicken. Am I crazy? I always wondered how in the world they made the chicken so itty bitty at places like P.F. Chang's and Tong's when I ordered chicken lettuce wraps. Now I know. So fun.

I don't like mushrooms at all, but I bought the sliced baby portabella's since that is all my grocery store had. I chopped these super fine, along with the water chestnuts and they just added to the thickness of the chicken mixture. To me, they didn't add any flavor at all, which is fine by me.

The spicy sauce that I poured over them was really good. It was a little strong for me in one sense, but in another - I totally dug it. I only added a little of the spicy sauce they mentioned and then used a little of my Thai Sweet chili sauce I had from Trader Joe's. I didn't want it to be overly spicy.

It was a fun and different dinner for us. Here's the reviews.

Parents Review: I ate 3 lettuce wraps and added some steamed jasmine rice on the side and some peas for a veggie. Wonderful. Amazing. Will make it again soon!

Kids Review: I served there's just scooped on their plate (no lettuce wraps for them). They loved it with the rice and the peas and gobbled it up telling me I did good. Perfect. :-)

Have a great night

No comments:

Post a Comment