Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes



I handed this new found recipe over to my husband last Saturday morning and asked if he would try his hand at making them while I tried to pre-burn calories with a friend of mine on a 5 mile trail walk.

He said he would.

That sweet man.

And this is what he was makin' while I was walkin'


Don't they look fun?

They even had a home-made buttermilk syrup recipe that was part of the deal and we made that too.

We actually didn't love this stuff. Most people online have raved about it, so I am wondering if we did something wrong. I think we both would've preferred just regular maple syrup.

Plus - these were not overly sweet (which surprised us) and it needed a little more sweetness in the syrup department.

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes (adapted from The Idea Room Blog).

Parent Review: They were labor intensive. David looked tired when I got home. :-) We thought they would be sweeter, but we did really enjoy them and they were fun to try.

Kids Review: Little Girl loved them. Baby boy still wasn't feeling great, so he didn't eat much to tell.

Added: I just landed on THIS RECIPE for cinnamon roll pancakes and HELLO - it calls for adding a cream cheese glaze over the top. Wow!! Plus- the cinnamon swirl looked all crispy and carmelized, so this is a different take. You guys could try either one! Let me know what you think!!

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to try the second recipe with the cream cheese glaze for Father's Day! I'll let you know how it goes, and maybe I'll take pics too! :)

    ReplyDelete